| 4 min read
Is your Instagram account missing some color? Look no further. Smile Safari in Brussels is a giant Instagram and TikTok playground with lots of funky backgrounds, where you can get creative, strike a pose and be the star of the show!
First Instagram museum in Belgium
In Autumn 2019, Smile Safari opened as a pop-up Instagram museum at Tour and Taxis. The concept originated in America, where several Instagram museums are scattered throughout the country. Visitors can take perfect selfies in front of original, colorful backgrounds and share their photos on social media. The temporary pop-up museum was a big success, so they now have a permanent venue in the Galeries Anspach.
We had the opportunity to check out this new Instagram museum. It was like entering Disney World for Instagrammers! There are about 30 different rooms, each with a different theme, vibe and color. You can jump out of a cake, bathe in money, swing through the jungle, surf on a slice of pizza, and much more.
To be honest, we felt a bit uncomfortable at first, mostly because we’re better at taking photos than at striking poses, but this place made it so easy to act like a real Instagram model. Thanks to an amazing setting and great lighting, almost all photos came out stunning.
What should you wear?
If you’re wondering what to wear, you can either go for something neautral that matches all backgrounds... or take multiple outfits. There is a dressing room available, so you can easily change outfits whenever you see fit.
Get your smile on
The Instagram museum is best enjoyed with friends. One, for practical reasons because it’s not a selfie museum and you’ll need someone to help you take photos. And two, because together it’s so much more fun!
- More information on the Smile Safari website
- Smile Safari is open every day from 10am to 18pm
- On Wednesday and Friday, Smile Safari is open from 12 AM to 6 PM. On Saturday and Sunday, it is open from 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Entrance via Boulevard Anspach 24. When the shopping centre is closed on Sundays, you can enter via Rue Gréty 12
- A ticket costs 20.40 EUR for adults, and 18.40 EUR for kids under 16.
- Make sure to charge your phone before you visit, or even better, bring a battery pack. You’ll need it.
Do you have questions? Did you experience something similar? Did you notice a mistake? Please share!